The Diablo III website posted Jay Wilson’ article about Paragon Levels, which basically is a different kind of leveling after your character has reached the max level cap of 60.
Here’s the quick and dirty of it with Jay’s own words:
- After you hit level 60, any further experience you earn from killing monsters will begin to count toward Paragon levels
- There are 100 Paragon levels
- Every Paragon level will reward you with:
- Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what you’d gain from a normal level
- 3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find
- In addition, a distinctive increasingly-impressive border will surround your character portrait in the in-game party frame to denote your Paragon progression, with a new frame earned after every ten levels. Your Paragon level will also be visible to other players wherever your normal level is shown
For more information, head on over to Jay’s article at Blizzard.
Nice addition… I think.