Today, I want to further share with you the wonderful world of blogs. To start with, I want to thank Brandon, author of music. unrenowned., for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. If you want to keep updated on various bands and music genres, his blog is the place to be.
Honestly? I didn’t know what he was talking about when he said he’d nominated me. So I meandered over to his blog and find out about it. Thing is, I never really surfed around WordPress or other blog sites before. I mean, sure, I’ve clicked on a featured article or two but never really spent a lot of time “blog-hopping.” So imagine how humbled I was when I was nominated for the award. The result? Well… after reading the rules, I had to scramble! You’ll see why. 😉
The Versatile Blogger Award
To fully accept the award, there are a few rules that follow:
1. Thank the person who shared the award with you by linking back to them in your post.
2. Pass this award to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know that you included them in your blog post.
3. List 7 things about yourself.
My list of newly discovered wonderful blogs (after a several days of panicking around =D), some of which have gone to my blogroll so I will remember to visit them again often.
- hollyjb: My Year in Belgium – A blogger’s journey in Europe and what she discovers there.
- Adventures on the Road: From one time zone to the next – Mobile event marketing? I want this job!
- Arctic Dream: Our Family’s One-Year Adventure Living on an Arctic Island – A family’s life in an Arctic island with lots of pretty pictures.
- Windswept Words: fact, fiction, and all the fantastical places in between – More reading for us travel nutters. Hehehe…
- Science Fiction and Other Suspect Ruminations – A good source for fellow Sci-fi fans (regular book reviews!)
- The Extinction Protocol: 2012 and beyond – Updates on current events (especially natural calamities).
- The Urban Hippie – Enjoy the world of wedding and life photography through the eyes (or is that lens) of Lauren. Come back every Monday for “Five Senses Monday.”
- Beetles in the Bush – For those who appreciate our six-legged friends in the nature.
- A Soul’s Walk – Feel like reading poetry?
- Cassie Behle: Redefining life’s perceptions – A little sarcasm never hurt nobody.
- A Constant Visual Feast: “Andrew at the Cinema” – Movie and TV series reviews and a lot more!
- Two Cranky Guys – If you want refined but humorous reviews of movies, this is a good blog to visit regularly.
- The Password is Swordfish – Another site for movie reviews.
- A Pen, A Marker and Some Correction Fluid: 365 days of illustration by Pat Henzy – Cool and outright funny drawings – interpretation of life’s complexities.
- Allen’s Zoo – Artwork by Allen Capoferri.
As you can see, I love reading about other people’s travels. It gives me lots of ideas on how to spend my own travels. So far, all I’ve done is look at my friends’ travel escapades on Facebook. I’m changing that with these newly discovered blogs. I also happen to have a very broad range of interests as well; from watching all the good movies to appreciating people’s skill with cameras to poetry (yes, I use to write poems but the creative juices are in need of some (a lot of!) recharging).
Now some things you may not know about me:
- I love to listen to different types of songs and music. There is theoretically no limit to my taste and curiosity. Depending on my mood, I could be listening to rock one day and move on to pop. Or I could be listening to some R&B to help me relax and then switch on to techno/electronica to set the mood for working non-stop for a few hours. I even listen to movie and video game OSTs (scores and background music). Perhaps my weirdest song choice ever is Omnis Mundis Creatura by Helium Vola (I blogged about this a while back).
- I love going to the beach (an offshoot of my like for traveling or maybe vice-versa?). And while I don’t have the body of a Greek god, I don’t care. I love to swim and to just relax.
- I hate inefficiency and complete, utter incompetence. Can’t stand people who are so overly dependent on somebody else they can’t even seem to move an inch without any help whatsoever. This stems from my optimistic opinion that everyone is smart and can learn to be a little bit more independent and so help in stabilizing our social interdependence.
- I’m a half-breed sci-fi fan and a full-breed fantasy nutter. Meaning, I enjoy watching sci-fi movies (and the occasional games – Starcraft, anyone?) but find myself struggling to read the books (maybe it’s all the techie jargons that I don’t understand sometimes). I am, however, nuts about the fantasy genre. I played Magic: The Gathering and Warcraft, watched Lord of the Rings, and even think I can come up with my own fantasy series (bordering on delusional here ;-p)!
- I’m a perfectionist but I’ve been sprinkled with lots of laziness dust over the years. However, in times when I do shake off some of those dust, I find myself to be working non-stop on whatever’s caught my attention at the time (like this here series of blogs).
- I get writer’s block a lot. It’s hard when you’re work entails a lot of writing and you have to write again for your blog. That’s why I fill most of my blogs with images and videos. It’s a shortcut for me to convey what it is I’m trying to say. On some occasion,s I get really inspired and write a wall of texts and sometimes forget to add in a few pretty pictures to lighten it up for the reader.
- I started this blog with the purpose of using it as a personal musing (and maybe ranting) site. The name then was different. However, I changed it to the current name and set up because of the evolution of the site. So it reflects a little bit about my life, in general.
My Technorati claim: SJD3AXEESTUP
This is my blog. There are many like it, but this one is MINE.
My blog is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
- What is the Versatile Blogger Award? (versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com)
- To theme or not to theme… (fashionnation1on1.wordpress.com)